Back in my beer-drinking days, I loved keg beer. Whenever I helped set up for a party, I was in charge of putting the tap on and getting the foam out . . . a job I attacked with white-mustached zest. When I went to the bar, I always asked, “What do you have on tap?” . . . even when clearly-labeled tap handles were staring me in the face (I guess I felt cool saying, “Whadyagotontap?”). But in all my years of draft swilling, I never saw, heard, or read about anything like this:
William R. McLaughlin said in the complaint that Tom McDermott, who does business as Tom’s Coil Cleaning in Pemberville, used “harsh, toxic, and dangerous chemicals” to clean the taps, lines, and hoses connected to the beer kegs at American Legion Post No. 320 at 617 Sackett St. then failed to purge and remove the chemicals from the lines serving the Budweiser keg.
Mr. McLaughlin, who said he managed the restaurant at the post as a volunteer, drank beer from the Budweiser keg July 15, 2013, after Mr. McDermott left, “not knowing that it contained a dangerous brew of toxic and dangerous chemicals burning his mouth, throat, esophagus, stomach, and intestines.”
I hope the guy is alright, but I also hope he learned a lesson: never drink Budweiser. In fact, I’m speculating that maybe it was the first time he’d tried Budweiser and doesn’t realize that’s what Bud does to a person.Bookmark it: del.icio.us | Reddit | Slashdot | Digg | Facebook | Technorati | Google | StumbleUpon | Window Live | Tailrank | Furl | Netscape | Yahoo | BlinkList